Information you share with us can be used for St Helens Mobile Pantry (St Helens Mobile Pantry, its affiliates and subsidiaries) operational purposes. St Helens Mobile Pantry is not in the business of selling information about you. This notice tells you what information we collect, steps we take to protect and secure it, how we use and share the information, and finally, how you can contact us with questions or concerns.
INFORMATION WE GATHER
- St Helens Mobile Pantry collects personal information when you register with us or complete any contact forms.
- St Helens Mobile Pantry may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or others.
- St Helens Mobile Pantry may also collect information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners. This information might include information necessary to process payments due to us from you such as your credit card number.
- St Helens Mobile Pantry automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookies, and the pages you request.
- St Helens Mobile Pantry uses Google Analytics Demographics to analyse how visitors to our website use it and so that we can make it useful and relevant. You can opt out of interest-based ads from Google by clicking here and following the directions on that page.
- St Helens Mobile Pantry uses information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, research, and anonymous reporting.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
If you reject all cookies, you may not be able to use sthelensmobilepantry.org.uk and you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. sthelensmobilepantry.org.uk uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to:
- Require you to re-enter your password after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents.
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using St Helens Mobile Pantry services.
- Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
- Conduct research to improve sthelensmobilepantry.org.uk content and services.
INFORMATION USE, SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
St Helens Mobile Pantry does not share personal information we learn about you from your use of the Service or this web site with others except as described in this policy. We do not share your information with unrelated third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
When you provide personal information through using the Service you are however sharing your personal information with sthelensmobilepantry.org.uk, groups that run from or are part of the St Helens Mobile Pantry ministry and any of its divisions or subsidiaries. The use of your personal information by these organizations is subject to this policy.
St Helens Mobile Pantry may use or share your personal information where it is necessary for us to complete a transaction, to operate or improve St Helens Mobile Pantry and related products and services, to do something that you have asked us to do, or tell you of services or events outside of S Helens Christian Life Centre that we think may be of interest.
Where you are contacted with an offer or service based on information you have shared with St Helens Mobile Pantry, we will do our best to provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of receiving such further communications at the time you are contacted.
If you post personal information online (via our Social Media) that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
St Helens Mobile Pantry does or may share personally identifiable information about you under the following circumstances:
- In the course of operating it may be necessary or appropriate for us to provide access to your personal information to others such as our service providers, contractors and select vendors so that we can operate the Service. Where practical, we seek to obtain confidentiality agreements that are consistent with this policy and that limit others’ use or disclosure of the information you have shared.
- We may share your personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, to establish or exercise our legal rights or, defend against legal claims and if in our judgment in such circumstances disclosure is required or appropriate.
- If there is ever a change to how St Helens Mobile Pantry uses or intends to use personal information, we will post that change to this policy and, if the new policy is materially less restrictive than this policy, we will seek your consent.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make efforts to ensure security on our systems.
We use physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you.
Your sthelensmobilepantry.org.uk Account Information is password-protected.
In certain areas, St Helens Mobile Pantry may use industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. If St Helens Mobile Pantry learns of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps.
By using this web site or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of this site. St Helens Mobile Pantry may post a notice on our web site if a security breach occurs. If this happens, you will need a web browser enabling you to view the sthelensmobilepantry.org.uk website.
St Helens Mobile Pantry may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us using the contact us page.
CHANGING YOUR PREFERENCES AND PERSONAL INFORMATION
Most personal information you may provide is entirely optional. For example, to the extent that parents are considering whether to permit their children to use the Service, we do not condition a child’s participation based upon their provision of any more personal information than is necessary to operate the Service.
If you wish to remove any personal details or update any levels of consent, please contact the Church Administrator on 01744 617148 or email email@example.com.
Please note that some personal information, primarily your contact information, may remain in St Helens Mobile Pantry’s records to the extent necessary to protect St Helens Mobile Pantry’s legal interests or document compliance with regulatory requirements.
CONTACTING St Helens Mobile Pantry
If you have a privacy concern regarding St Helens Mobile Pantry, or this policy, and if you cannot satisfactorily resolve it through the use of our web site, you should contact us using the contact page link or on the details on the rear of this document.
In the event that we are still unable to resolve your concerns St Helens Mobile Pantry is committed to cooperating to achieve a proper resolution of your privacy concerns. If you object to any sharing of your personal information that may be permitted under this policy, you may do so by writing us at the details on the rear of this document. We will take reasonable steps to accommodate your requests as they relate to our advertising practices. In some instances, honouring your requests may interfere with or preclude your ability to use the Service or may require us to terminate our relationship with you.